- essensys seeks to adhere to the eduroam national policy and provides access to users in accordance with that policy.
- Any person accessing eduroam must be over 18 or have parental consent to use these services.
- essensys reserves the right to revoke access to eduroam at any time at its discretion.
- essensys reserves the right to rate limit eduroam traffic by network, user, or protocol.
- Access to internet services via eduroam may be filtered, including peer to peer traffic.
- essensys makes the eduroam platform available on an ‘as is’ basis and does not expressly or impliedly warrant that the platform is suitable or adequate for any particular purpose.
- Users accept that use of the eduroam platform is at their own risk and accept liability for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by essensys in connection with their misuse of the platform including, but not limited to, by breaching this Acceptable Use Policy.
Rights and responsibilities
- Adhere to this Acceptable Use Policy in addition to the acceptable use policy of their home institution.
All users must:
- In the event of any conflict between this and any other applicable policy, apply the most restrictive standard of all policies to their use of the eduroam platform.
- Only use eduroam in accordance with the eduroam national policy.
- Ensure their use of the eduroam platform is in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and codes of conduct and only for lawful purposes.
- Ensure their use is only in connection with research, education, or administrative functions of their home institution.
The eduroam network at essensys must not be used to:
- infringe another person’s or organisations rights (including that person’s or organisations intellectual property rights);
- damage, interfere with or interrupt any other telecommunications network, equipment, facilities or cabling controlled or used by essensys, or any other supplier of telecommunications services;
- damage any property or injure or kill any person;
- transmit, publish or communicate any defamatory, offensive, abusive, indecent or menacing material;
- make any hoax call;
- violate or infringe any duty or obligation owed to any person under law;
- transmit, publish or communicate any information or material which may be unlawful, illegal, offensive, upsetting, defamatory or personally offensive;
Monitoring and incident management
Usage of eduroam at essensys may be monitored, logged, and audited by essensys. Monitoring may be conducted including by viewing internet usage information, such as URLs visited, protocols used and other associated information, data is stored for at least 90 days on a dedicated security appliance and accessed routinely for reporting and incident management purposes.
Any devices that show signs of being compromised may be prevented from connecting to eduroam at essensys. Devices may only be reconnected once essensys is satisfied that the compromised device has been remediated appropriately.
Participating eduroam organisations may log activity. Where incidents of abuse of the eduroam platform are reported to or identified by essensys, appropriate action may be taken. Noncompliance with this policy may result in revocation of eduroam access at essensys, and notification of such to the eduroam user’s home institution. In the case of employees, noncompliance may result in disciplinary action being taken.